Vegan Iced Vovo Finger Buns
Iced Vovo Finger Buns
- 500g flour
- 70g sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12g dry instant yeast
- 300ml oat milk, warmed very very slightly but not hot
- 50g butter, melted but not hot
- 5-6 tbsp freeze driedstrawberry powder
- 200g vegan butter
- 300g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp soy milk
- 3-4 drops pink food colouring (optional)
- Raspberry Jam
- Desiccated Coconut
- Measure dry bun ingredients straight into the bowl of your stand mixer and whisk lightly to combine evenly. Mix on low speed and pour in the milk and butter. Mix on medium speed for 15-20 mins.
- Dough should be smooth, soft and slightly sticky. Transfer dough to a large greased mixing bowl and allow to rise for about 1hr or until doubled in size. Rise-time really depends on the temperature so if you’re in a cold place, it’ll take longer.
- Punch dough down to deflate and knead lightly to get rid of any air bubbles. Roll into a log and cut into 12 pieces.
- Form little finger bun shapes and place onto a lined tray. Let rise for a further 15-20 mins – and mean while, preheat oven to 200ºC.
- To check if they’re ready to bake, gently poke dough – if it springs back immediately it needs more time, if it springs back slowly and leaves a little finger mark, you’re ready to bake!
- Brush with some soymilk and bake for about 12-15 minutes until golden on top.
- Allow to cool COMPLETELY before icing. Whip al icing ingredients together. Ice with two lines of icing, jam down the middle and finish with coconut! ENJOY!!!